At walk4Africa.org (W4A), we want you to be satisfied with every donation you make to, or purchase you make from, our website. If an item you purchased from our shop arrived broken, is faulty or isn’t what you had in mind, we’re here to help, subject to the terms below.
This policy forms part of our Terms of Service.
14 Days Exchange and Refund Policy
We will refund or exchange most goods if you return them within 14 days of purchase, provided that:
- it is in its original packaging and condition, including all attachments, accessories and documentation;
- it is unused.
Returns and exchange requests for items purchased more than 14 days ago might incur collection, delivery and processing fees. However, goods that show a manufacturing defect within the first 6 months of purchase will be repaired, replaced or refunded at no cost to you.
Incorrect item delivered
Should a delivered item be incorrect, please contact W4A to arrange for the earliest convenient collection date. Once returned to the store, the Product will undergo an assessment following which, the correct item will be dispatched. Promotional, free, or bundled items that were part of the purchase must also be returned.
Defective or Damaged Goods
If your goods turn out to be defective within the first 14 days after you received them from us, W4A will replace them or give you a refund. W4A can help you to arrange a third party collection. The courier service will be charged at the going rate for your area and product specifications.
Certain products may be excluded from the 14-day exchange or refund policy due to hygiene reasons, applicable legislation or for reasons of cost-efficiency. The goods W4A exclude from the 14-day return and exchange policy are:
- Goods which are sold as red ticket goods, damaged, defective, used or repaired, where W4A disclosed these facts to you before you bought the goods.
- Accommodation vouchers or travel deals that are sponsored by members for the purpose of fundraising.
Repairs and Warranties
If you have purchased a product which is defective within its warranty period, please notify us as soon as reasonably possible after you become aware of the defect. Please take proper note of any terms or instructions that accompany your goods.
The manufacturer’s warranty, if applicable, will only apply to defects in the process of manufacturing the goods and will not apply in the following instances:
- Damage caused by misuse or abuse to the goods
- Goods used for a purpose other than the purpose for which they were manufactured
- Goods used contrary to their instruction manuals
- Accidental damage.
E&OE – October 2020