Out mission is to unite African nations by fostering responsible and inclusive tourism practices that benefit local communities. We will do this by:
- Developing partnerships with public and private sector organisations, institutional investors, civil society, and scientific institutions to facilitate actions and responses consistent with limiting global warming to 1.5°C over this decade. Refer to our Climate Emergency Declaration;
- Identifying new sustainable tourism product and service opportunities in collaboration with local communities, tourism experts, and governments, to create much-needed jobs in rural areas;
- Lobbying African countries to adopt the principles of ‘The African Passport and Free Movement of People’, as contained in the African Union’s Agenda 2063 project;
- Protecting the environment by researching the impact of plastic pollution on marine environments along Africa’s coastlines and river estuaries;
- Creating global awareness through storytelling about Africa’s abundant natural beauty, pristine beaches, and cultural heritage to grow inbound tourism numbers (particularly ecotourists) in Africa.
To create public awareness and mobilise action in support of responsible tourism practices by coordinating a 10-year (2021-2030) annual series of public participation walkathons along the coastlines of 40 African countries that will become recognised as being the longest multi-stage walkathon in the World.
- We believe in the value of teamwork, undertaken in a spirit of mutual trust and ethical behaviour.
- We believe in delegating responsibility with accountability and strict financial controls.
- We respect the dignity of the individual, support academic advancement and do not discriminate on the grounds of race, sex or religion.
To achieve our mission, we need YOU to help us along our journey.